With ZmqSocket.as you can talk to zmq sockets from your ActionScript code. You can connect, send and receive string or binary messages. It is not a zmq binding, but a TCP socket wrapper, with ZMTP protocol implemented to simplify communication with zmq sockets.
Sources are located at http://code.google.com/p/zmqsocket-as/
1. Identities supported.
2. Multipart messages supported.
3. Binary and string messages supported.
1. Maximum message size is 2^32-10 bytes (instead of 2^64-10 of the ZMTP).
1. To allow Flash to connect to a TCP socket, a socket policy file must be available on the same domain on port 843. To learn more, read http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7c60.html#WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7c63 and http://www.lightsphere.com/dev/articles/flash_socket_policy.html The latter has a simple Perl socket server script socketpolicy.pl, which must be started by root.
2. For test code using ZmqSocket, see http://code.google.com/p/zmqsocket-as/source/browse/ZmqSocketTest.as
GNU GPL v3